Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thank You Siri....

Last year, after I had baby Oompa Loompa, I received the most amazing gift in the post. It came all the way from Norway, a beautiful knitted wool vest. The most perfect gift for me, as I just adore knitted clothes for children, (as my Auntie - the knitting Queen - can confirm). The vest was from Siri.

I have to tell you how I know Siri. Siri was one of my first customers when I started the kit club back in 2009. I actually think she was one of the first subscribers I ever had. Each month, I pack up her kit and send it on its merry way to her little village in Norway. The most beautiful village ever, I have seen lots of photos on her blog.

Well, the vest was so perfect I totally assumed that Siri had bought it. Err, no, I got that wrong. Siri had actually hand knitted it especially for me and baby Oompa Loompa. I was totally blown away with this unbelievable gift, from a person I have yet to meet. The time it would have taken her to knit it and then sew on the beautiful heart wooden buttons and the little poppers - it means the world to me and I will treasure this little vest FOREVER. I feel so blessed and honored with all the wonderful people I have 'met' through the kit club and the blogsphere. It has definitely made living in America, (away from my friends) so much easier. So, thank you for being there for me. And a huge, big, amazing, wonderful and lovely THANK YOU Siri - you totally rocked my world. (Yes Father - if you are reading this - I did write and thank Siri at the time!!!)

I wanted to share a few photos of Baby Oompa Loompa wearing the vest - here they are:




Now, onto the winner of the kit. I put the numbers in random.org and came up with lucky number 48. That is Nitasha Griffin. Great Nitasha, just zoom me over a quick email with your address and a kit will be on its merry way. Have a very happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that little knitted outfit is pure cuteness! Siri is a knitting rockstar!

    Thank you so much for the giveaway! I'm so stoked! Sending my info right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG--Siri rocks! What an amazing and precious gift! An heirloom, for sure. On another note, I received my Dec Daily kit today and as always--BRILLIANT! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete